Friday, March 6, 2015

After watching Dr. Haskell's video on blowing up the grade book, I honestly felt inspired. I think it is incredibly true that the future of education is going to change drastically in the future, and our grading system should as well. The comment made about "Playing the game" I can relate to a lot, it was honestly my motto almost all through middle school and high school! Thinking more on this, you find some real problems in our current system. There were kids I knew that probably knew far more than I did, but were just not as skilled at "playing the game". This isn't fair, and a new way of learning is definitely needed. The one good thing that comes from our current system however, is actually the way we learn the game. Currently the teacher-student relationship is very similar to the boss-employee relationship, and I think there is value in understanding this type of situation very well. This being said though, I'm sure the passion of learning could be restored in students if game-style teaching was widespread. Lets blow up the grade book!

No comments:

Post a Comment